IEBC CEO Ezra Chiloba has been removed as head of a team to handle the fresh presidential poll set for October 26 by IEBC chairman wafula chebukati. Chiloba and other top commission officials have been accused by NASA of bungling the annulled August 8 presidential election.
Chiloba had earlier on been made head of a six-member team to handle the poll but sustained pressure from NASA presidential candidate Raila Odinga has seen him removed from the helm.
Chebukati while unveiling the new team at Safarai Park hotel in Nairobi on Friday,October 6 also named the following
1. Marjan Hussein Marjan as the election team leader
2. David Towett will be in charge of operations.
3. Salome Oyugi will be in charge of legal and compliance
4. Sydney Namulungu will be in charge of all tallying centres
5. Tabitha Mutemi- communication docket
6. Albert Gogo will be in charge of the controversial IEBC IT system.
7. Agatha Wahome to handle finance and procurement