Uhuru kenyatta wealth,Uhuru Kenyatta Biogaphy, Uhuru Kenyatta life history, Uhuru kenyatta Wife, Uhuru kenyatta house, Uhuru kenyatta Height, Uhuru kenyatta Quotes, Uhuru Kenyatta Facebook, Uhuru Kenyatta facebook, Uhuru Kenyatta twitter, Uhuru Kenyatta Contacts, Uhuru kenyatta brothers and sisters.
Born October 26, 1961, Kenya’s fourth President, Mr.Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta is the son of Kenya’s ﬁrst President, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta and Mama Ngina Kenyatta. He was named Uhuru in anticipation of independence in 1963.
Uhuru Kenyatta Education : Mr. Kenyatta attended St Mary’s School in Nairobi and played as a winger in the school’s rugby team. He attained a Division 1 in his “O” Level exams, with a distinction in English. In a rare photo taken at St Mary’s, he is pictured in school uniform receiving an award as the top“A” Level student in history from the then Vice-President and Minister for Finance, Mr. Mwai Kibaki, the man he was to succeed as President.In school, besides playing rugby, Mr. Kenyatta‘s other passion was drama and in November, 1977, he featured in the Comic Opera The Mikadoas father with child.However, while still at St Mary’s at the age of 17, the young Kenyatta lost his father on August 22, 1978. He completed his “A” Levels, and passed with three principals.He worked as a teller at the Kenya Commercial Bank’s Kipande House in Nairobi. He left the bank in 1980 for Amherst College, USA, to study Political Science and Economics. Mr. Kenyatta graduated in 1985. He lists football and golf as his hobbies and loves watching athletics on television.
UHURU KENYATTA CAREER:
Despite his defeat, KANU leader and then Kenyan President, Daniel Arap Moi, seemed intent on preparing him for a greater role in public service. In 1999, Moi appointed him as the chairman of the Kenya Tourist Board.
In 2001, he was nominated by President Moi for a parliament seat. Later, Moi appointed him to the cabinet as Minister for Local Government. The following year, he was elected as one of the four vice-chairs of KANU.
In 2002, he was also nominated as the KANU candidate for the presidency by outgoing President Moi, who was ineligible to stand for another term and wanted someone of his own choosing to succeed him.
However, Moi’s plans backfired as some KANU members left the party to support opposition leader Mwai Kibaki, who conveniently defeated Kenyatta in the elections. Then Kenyatta assumed the position of opposition leader in the parliament from January 2003 to December 2007.
In 2005, he was elected the chairman of KANU. Though he decided to contest Kenya’s next presidential election in December 2007, he withdrew his candidacy a few months before the election and instead opted to back Kibaki, who was running for re-election against Raila Odinga.
When the 2007 election results showed that Kibaki had narrowly defeated Odinga, the outcome was rejected by many of the latter’s supporters, followed by widespread violence along ethnic lines for several weeks.
Kibaki initially made Kenyatta the Minister of Local Government in January 2008, but later when a coalition government formed, Uhuru was appointed as the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Trade. The next year, in January 2009, he was moved from the post of Minister of Trade to the Minister of Finance, a post he served in until January 2012.
In 2010, he was accused by the International Criminal Court (ICC) as one of the suspects for instigating the post election violence that followed the 2007 election polls. Shortly after his charges were announced, he resigned as Minister of Finance but remained on his post as Deputy Prime Minister, which he retained until becoming the president of Kenya.
The ICC charges did not discourage him from once again aiming for the presidency. In April 2012, he left KANU and the following month, he launched a new party, The National Alliance (TNA). Later that year, he and TNA became part of a multiparty alliance known as the ‘Jubilee Coalition’.
In the 2013 elections, he was nominated as the presidential candidate by the party. He went on to win the presidential election in the first round of voting, held on March 4, 2013. He was sworn in as president on April 9, 2013, and has been serving in this post since then.
Upon completing his graduation, Uhuru Kenyatta returned to his homeland and started a company ‘Wilham Kenya Limited’, through which he sourced and exported agricultural produce and became quite successful.
In 1997, he was elected as the chairman of his hometown branch of Kenya African National Union (KANU), the longtime ruling party that his father had once led. Later that year, he contested for a parliamentary seat but lost the election.
UHURU KENYATTA WEALTH: Net Worth: $500 Million. Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta is the President of Kenya and the son of Kenya’s first President, Jomo Kenyatta. In 2011, Forbes estimated his net worth at $500 million. Most of his wealth comes from property.
UHURU KENYATTA FAMILY: Uhuru Kenyatta and his wife Margaret Kenyatta have three children: Jomo, Ngina and Muhoho.
UHURU KENYATTA TWITTER: https://twitter.com/UKenyatta
UHURU KENYATTA FACEBOOK: Uhuru Kenyatta Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/myuhurukenyatta
UHURU KENYATTA CONTACTS:
UHURU KENYATTA HEIGHT: Uhuru Kenyatta is around 6′ 1″ (1.85 m) tall
UHURU KENYATTA SIGNATURE: UHURU KENYATTA WEALTH RANKING IN AFRICA AND KENYA:
50 little known facts about President Uhuru Kenyatta
- He was conceived in Samburu
- He was born in Nairobi
- He is left handed
- He worked for KCB at Kipande House
- He earned 600/- while working for KCB
- History was his favorite subject in High School
- Played on the wing for St Mary’s School rugby team
- He was the First Politician to concede defeat at the Presidential Level
- His favorite film is Shaka Zulu
- His favorite musicians are Bob Marley, Tracy Chapman and UB40
- He has 3 kids
- He is a practicing Catholic
- He wears specs while reading
- His favorite food is Nyama Choma
- His favorite authors are Tom Clancy and Vince Flynn
- His favorite TV SHOW’s are 24 and Spooks
- The first car he owned was an Alfa Romeo
- He used to personally collect horticulture for export in his pick-up
- He joined politics in 1989
- He campaigned for Matiba in 1992
- He first met his wife in 1978 in Mombasa
- His father passed away while he was in form four
- He has slept in St House, but it was never his home
- His father had 4 boys and 4 girls
- He worked at Burger King while in the US
- He fronted an Afro while in Uni
- His favorite beer is Tusker
- His favorite gadget is an Iphone
- If he could hang out with a band it would be UB40
- He favorite computer game is Tiger Woods Golf PGA Tour
- His favorite cartoon is The Flintstones
- His favorite comic is Archie
- His favorite color is Blue
- His favorite board game is backgammon
- The Kenya Economic Stimulus program was first launched under his leadership at the Treasury.
- The project that he has initiated that he would most like to see succeed is IFMIS
- He is the first finance Minister to create a loan facility for the JuaKali sector.
- If he could be any animal he would be a cheetah
- His pets are both a Great Dane and Chihuahau
- He has retained his first driver and secretary to date
- His favorite Ministry that he has worked in is Trade
- He lost the first parliamentary election.
- He intends to retire at 60.
- He proposed to his wife in Karen, Nairobi
- He was suspended from school?
- His best friend is his wife Margaret
- Favourite bible verses are Psalms 23, and 137
- The world leader he would most like to meet is Fidel Castro
- The most influential person he has met to date is Nelson Mandela
- His greatest wish is to serve the people of Kenya