Many of us are looking for ways to stay young and although you can’t stop the clock, you can fight the signs of ageing and the ageing process with a few wise moves.
1 Limit Alcohol & Caffeine
Alcohol (in moderation) can have some health benefits, but too much alcohol and caffeine has a negative impact on both your health and appearance.
Alcohol and caffeine dehydrate and deplete your body of vital nutrients.
2 Be sociable
According to US government research, social isolation is a predictor of declining mental function in older age. Experts believe this may be down to not using a wide variety of communication skills.
3. Exercise – If you are more concerned about your heart health than your dress size, though, then doing less intense activities such as walking will help to protect your vital organ. Maintaining as active a lifestyle as you can is good advice for anyone trying to hold back the years.
4.Eat less calories – You probably won’t be overjoyed to hear this, but recent research found that reducing calorie intake has a remarkable effect on the risk of developing diseases and conditions associated with aging — including diabetes, clogged arteries, heart attacks and strokes
5 Drink Plenty of Water
Want to know how to look younger naturally? Drink 6-8 glasses of filtered water each day to keep skin supple and support optimum health
6. Stay Out of the Sun to Stay Young – Damage from the sun’s UVA and UVB ultraviolet light is linked to about 90% of the visible signs of aging.
7. Avoid Tobacco Products
Smoking is one of the worst things you can do to your body and skin. Ditching tobacco is essential if you want to stay young looking.
8. Adopt a Good Skin Care Regimen
Start your daily skin care routine with a gently exfoliating cleanser. Apply a moisturizer to hydrate the skin, allowing it to stay firm and elastic and reducing the appearance of wrinkles
9. Consider an Aesthetic Procedure
10. Don’t Skimp on Beauty Sleep
It’s not a myth – even science shows that you look less attractive, less healthy, and even sad when you’re sleep-deprived. Sleeping more means staying young!
11. Don’t Act Your Age
Mind wins over matter when it comes to aging, because studies show that people who thrive in old age think younger.