The man who always stands behind the president is known as Aide-de-Camp (ADC). The ADC also serves as the president’s official bodyguard but he is not a security officer, even as his constant presence gives the presidency dignity and honor.
WHO IS PRESIDENT UHURU ADC ?
Lieutenant Colonel Timothy Stelu Lekolol from the Kenya Navy is current President Uhuru Kenyatta’s Aide-de-Camp after replacing Lt-Col Victor Mburu in 2018.
Timoth Kamau is the first ADC from the Kenya Navy
ROLES OF ADC
1. The routine diary of ADC revolves around escorting Uhuru out of State House into the waiting car, opening the door then standing at attention while saluting when the President sits on the back seat
2. President’s ADC must be in constant communication with the Presidential Escort Unit Commander.
3. He acts a President official Bodyguard.
4. He is tasked with carrying President’s personal items like mobile phones and speeches.
5. In some occasions, the ADC is tasked with Receiving gifts on behalf of president.
6. Attending to the needs of the president when required.
7. He is also expected to provide advice and assistance to planning official functions on behalf of the President.
SELECTION OF ADC
Selection of a new aide-d -camp is done after consultation in the National Defense Council. Change are made occasionally to allow for career progression of officers to new ranks.