Africa is really blessed with huge resources and wealth. We therefore have ranked the richest countries in Africa 2017/2018. Unfortunately some of the richest people in Africa don’t come from this countries.
RANKING OF RICHEST COUNTRIES IN AFRICA
1. Seychelles – This is the smallest African currently made up of 100 islands in Indian ocean. This is the richest country in Africa. It GDP per capita at $26,000. As a result it is best developed country in Africa.
2. Equatorial Guinea – It is located in west coast of Africa and is well known for its economic muscle. It is among the richest countries in Africa. It has population of 1 million and GDP per capita at $20,000.
3. Gabon – This is one of the wealthiest countries in Africa. It has population of around 1.2million and GDP per capita at $17,000. Gabon comes third among richest countries in Africa 2017- 2018
4. Botswana – Botswana’s revenues are generated from financial services, mining, tourism and agricultural products. It is one of the richest in Africa countries in Africa. it has GDP per capita at $16,500
5. South Africa – It has one of the biggest economies in Africa hence one of richest. It does well in manufacturing, textiles, clothing, agriculture and tourism. Its GDP per capita stands at $11,500.
6. Libya – It is richest Arabic country in Africa. Libya has been in political disunity and turmoil since the fall of the renowned Muammar Gaddafi but it is well-known that they have the largest deposits of oil in the whole of Africa. Libya is among richest countries in africa it has GDP per capita at $10,000
7. Tunisia – Tunisia is among the countries with mouth watering economy – It has population of around 12million. It is an Arabic country and has GDP per capita at $9,700 making it among richest countries in africa
8. Namibia – It is in top 10 richest country in Africa. The country depends mostly on South Africa for trading, and it is one of the fastest developing countries in Africa. It has GDP per capita at $9,600
9. Algeria – Namibia gets their main revenue from agriculture and from oil and gas. Banking also contributes to the nation’s revenue from the capital city. GDP per capita is at $7,600
10. Egypt – it closes top 10 list of richest countries in Africa.
Normally the higher the population the less rich a country is. Hence richest countries in Africa have low population.
HERE ARE POOREST COUNTRIES IN AFRICA