Citizen TV is a Kenyan free-to-air television channel owned by Royal Media Services and broadcasting mostly in English and Swahili. It was started in 1999 and relaunched in June 2006.
Citizen TV airs a variety of genres of entertainment programs ranging from local and international. It airs a wide variety of soap operas and has an acceptable amount of local content and News.
In the Year 2018, Kenya’s leading media house, Royal Media Services embarked on a top level reorganization in a bid to strengthen the company’s strategic vision and direction.
CITIZEN TV TOP MANAGEMENT
Samuel Kamau Macharia is the CEO and founder of Royal Media services
The Group Managing Director is Mr. Wachira Waruru.
Other people holding important posts in the com
1. Fred Afune – Director, Radio & Technical Services
2. Joe Ageyo – Editorial Director
3. Michael Ngugi – Commercial Director
4. Linus Kaikai – Director, Strategy & Innovation
5. Caroline Wanyama – Marketing Director
6. Latifah Ngunjiri – Production Director
7. Jamila Mohammed – Managing Editor Swahili
8. Moses Karanja – Chief Engineer
There are reports that the SK Macharia-founded media house is further seeking to strengthen its editorial team amid indications it plans to launch a 24-hour TV station to rival the Moi family controlled Standard Group’s KTN News.