Long are the days when anyone was eligible to vie for Member of Parliament post even without academic credentials. Currently, there is a law requires MPs to have a degree with effect from 2022.
The academic qualifications of the 349 members of the National Assembly published on Parliament’s official website show some lawmakers with certificates enrolled for and graduated with bachelor’s degrees.
Here are the list of Most educated Mps in current parliament with phD degrees
1.Professor Zadock Ogutu – MP bomachoge Borabu Constituency.
2.Christine Ombaka – Siaya Women Representative
3. Lilian Gogo – MP rongo constituency
4. Makau Mulu – Kitui central MP
5. Mutunga Kanyutha – Tigania west MP
6. Pamela Ochieng – Migori woman representative
7. Tecla Tum – woman representative for Nandi County
8. Korei ole Lemein – Narok South MP
9. Wilson Kipngetich – Chesumei Mp
10. Malulu Injendi – Malava MP
In the run-up to the 2017 polls, MPs voted to provide for a transitional clause in the Elections Act to make it mandatory for those seeking the positions in 2022 to have degrees.