Hundreds of Kisii residents threw caution to the wind and defied social-distancing rules on Thursday to mingle freely with Deputy President William Ruto.
The DP condemned the protests saying time for chaos was long gone.
He said security agencies should exercise restraint at all times and allow wananchi to exercise their basic freedoms.
Ruto said he campaigned for the Jubilee Party and ensured it secured victory during the last two elections.
HIGHLIGHTS OF RUTO SPEECH
1. Ruto said police should not be be used to achieve selfish interests of anybody and instead be used to protect Kenyans.
2. He said the county Governments should use resources to help the need instead of fighting him.
3. He challenged anyone willing to challenge his 2022 presidential ambitions stop using police and face him directly
4. The said the Government in in the process of building 2 billion cancer center in Kisii.
5. He also said the Government has finished 1st step to build 3billion water supply Centre in Kisii and Nyamira.
6. He also announced Jubilee government had released 2.1 billion to connect electricity to more than 30,000 Kisii residents.
7. He gave his donation to Kisii Boda Boda.