Starting a perfume business combines artistic personal expression and business know-how, and if approached correctly, it can result in an excellent profit margin. In-depth knowledge of chemistry and science is not necessary. All that’s needed is the desire to experiment with various scented essential oils .
Research shows that Kenyans spend over Ksh5 billion a month buying beauty products. These include bath and shower products, cosmetics, skin care, baby care, oral care and perfume products. Talking about perfume products, the local industry is largely dominated by foreign multinationals; which begs the question – are there not enough Kenyans who can control their own market?
HOW TO START PERFUME BUSINESS IDEA
1. first research about the market and make a business idea of current market trends and requirements
2. Create your own recipe – Investigate perfume recipes, or make distinctive blends by purchasing some small sizes of essential oils in fragrances that are of interest. Spend some time getting familiar with the scents. Start blending scents together, make notes and through this experimentation arrive at a few favorite scents to mass-produce.
3. Find out the ingredients and how you can access them
4. Research about perfume bottle, tester bottle and sample vial wholesalers and the designs they offer for each type of container
5. Test your product and supply to the people to find out how the people are reacting to the product and improvements required
6. Get a KEBS clearance – it costs around 35k
7. Find out the best denominations to package perfume and do branding by creating a logo
8. Create an online business presence by creating a website , Facebook page and even twitter. You can also look for a strategic physical shop to do the business
9. Continue to develop new scents, refine your product line and promotional material and update the website and the business plan.
DESIGNER PERFUME BUSINESS PLAN
It can cost you around 100k to start your own perfume business but the market is huge and ripe. You can earn a minimum of 200k per month which can expand up to 500k within 6 months of business
PERFUME REFILL BUSINESS PLAN
if you don’t want to start your own perfume brand, you can buy in wholesale amount from suppliers and then sell at retail price. believe me this is a real deal idea
DESIGNER PERFUME BUSINESS BRANDS
Floam Scents is the leading supplier of designer perfumes in Kenya offering a diverse selection of scents. We import all our genuine designer perfumes from Dubai, Paris, Switzerland, France and USA giving you a wide variety of scents at the right price
We stock genuine popular perfume brands ranging from Lacoste, Lady Million, One Million, Polo Sport, Cool Waters, Beyoncé Heat Rush , Euphoria, Fantasy, Escada, Hugo Boss and many more…!