For you to be employed whether, in a private or government school as a teacher, you must Register TSC number.The Teacher Service Commission Act 2012 Article 237 requires that the commission registers all qualified teachers before they teach in any private or public Kenyan school.
TSC NUMBER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
These are the required documents. Scan the originals then upload.
Certificate of Good Conduct
KRA Pin Certificate
GP 69 Medical Form
Bank Slip (If you’ve paid via the bank)
Your Passport size photo
PROCEDURE TO REGISTER TSC NUMBER ONLINE
1. Kindly visit www.teachersonline.go.ke website. This is where you will register if at all you need that number.
2. Thenceforth, click the New Teacher Registration Module. After clicking it, you will be required to type in your national ID number or passport number and surname.
3. Click next to continue to register TCS number and enter your full names, birth details, gender, contact details and nationality.
4. Click next and key in your qualifications and educational details.
5. Move to the next screen by clicking next. Upload your all scanned documents, the ones mentioned above. Once you have uploaded all the documents, click next.
6. Enter your Minor and Major subjects, previous TSC number for those who had previously registered.
7 The next very step is selecting the mode of payment. Type in the payslip number. If you had used Mpesa to wire your registration fees, then enter that code and likewise with the bank slip and the rest.
HOW TO PAY FOR TSC NUMBER REGISTRATION
For New Registration a non refundable fee of Kshs. 1055/- deposited to the TSC Re Account National Bank of Kenya (Direct Banking to Banking using Pay Bill Business Number 625625 is required for processing your certificate Ensure your For Duplicate Certificate Application a non refundable fee of K2055/- deposited to the TSC Registration Account
National Bank of Kenya Direct Banking to A/C No. 01001005707400.
Ensure you have Bank Deposit Slip before proceeding with the duplicate certificate application.
COMMON PROBLEMS AND ANSWER DURING TSC NUMBER APPLICATION
Leaving certificates and extracurricular certificates are not required.
1. LOST CERTIFICATES
If you’ve lost one of your KNEC certificates(KCPE, KCSE), visit the KNEC head office (South C, Nairobi) with a copy of the school results for the year you did your exam. A confirmation of your results/certificate will be sent to TSC. You’ll then be able to proceed with the tsc number application .
You can contact KNEC on 0720 741 001
2. MISMATCHING NAMES
If the names in any of your documents don’t match, obtain an affidavit from an advocate or commissioner of oaths. It is uploaded among documents. then continue to register tsc number
3. CAN ONE USE PHOTOCOPIES TO APPLY?
Only original documents should be uploaded. If you’ve lost any of the original documents, make arrangements to have them or use the procedure in (1) above.
4. SHOULD THE DOCUMENTS BE CERTIFIED?
Certification of documents is optional. Scan copies of original documents or certified photocopies are accepted.
5. CAN I USE RESULT SLIPS?
Use original certificates only for tsc number registration
6. HOW/WHEN DOES ONE GET THE TSC REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE?
The registration certificate is posted through the postal address provided during application. You get it after receiving an SMS with your TSC number. Ensure that the address you provide is correct to avoid losing your certificate.
7. LOST TSC CERTIFICATE
If you’ve lost your certificate of registration, you can apply online for a duplicate certificate. You need to get a police abstract and scan it for uploading.