Matumbo wet fry recipe: Kenyans are very creative when it comes to food and practically like experimenting. Matumbo is not a new term in most Kenyan homes. Here is a simple recipe to twist things for you in the kitchen;
Ingredients of cooking Matumbo wet fry
- 1/2 kg matumbo (chopped)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 ginger grate
- 2 gloves of garlic grated
- A bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 spoonfuls of cooking oil
- 1 spoonful of tomatoe paste
Procedure of preparing matumbo wet fry
- Place the chopped tripe in a large Sufuria with water and clean well
- Place them over medium heat and let cook for 30 minutes or until they are soft. Add alittle salt and boil for 10 more minutes. Remove from heat.
- Take another Sufuria, add onions and cooking oil and place over heat. Let the onions brown.
- Add the matumbo and stir until they brown.
- Add garlic and stir for 2 minutes and then add the grated ginger and mix for afew more minutes.
- You can now add the tomatoes and tomatoe paste and stir.
- Finally add coriander leaves, stir. Simmer for 5 more minutes and remove from heat.
Your tripe is now ready and can be served with rice, hot and ugali of your choice.