Citizen Tv’s top anchor Hussein Mohammed was left speechless when he inadvertently angered ODM leader Raila Odinga during a live TV interview. While at Raila’s Karen residence on Thursday, May 5, Mohammed sought to have Raila confirm the agreement among NASA co-leaders that he will be a one-term president., To this question, Raila said he will by Kenya’s Joshua- the leader who lead Kenyans to the promised land unlike what the Jubilee government has done in the past five years.
Minutes later, Mohammed came back to the same question, this time phrasing it differently…pressing Raila to confirm his one term presidency will not change down the line. This time around, he annoyed Raila. “Hussein, I already said I will be Joshua. I will lead Kenyans to the promised land. You are just repeating the same thing we already talked about. Why don’t you move on to the next subject? This is boring now Hussein,” said a visibly annoyed Raila. Below is summary of answers raila gave
1. About NASA
- NASA is a coalition of the willing, registered under the register of political parties.
- Unlike the MoU we made with kibaki where some people exploited his illness and disregarded the MoU, here exit of a member from MoU won’t kill the union.
- Our MoU is also public and binding
- We have made big gains in Jubilee zones. We made in roads in Rift Valley, Pokot, Marakwet, Keiyo, Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Maa areas and even ensured Nakuru is a swing vote area.
- We will devolve power horizontally and vertically by sharing it.
- We have over 10million voters on our strongholds; we registered more numbers than jubilee.
- 2017 is a two-horse race; NASA versus Jubilee
2. About Presidency
- I am one-term President.
- President has powers to create jobs in Government.
- President will delegate some powers to NASA Principals.
3. On Party Primaries
- I didn’t involve myself in ODM nominations.
- Claims that I meddled with nominations are baseless; even my brother lost. Why would I rig Midiwo?
- IEBC is micromanaging parties.
- I will only support ODM candidates.
4. On IEBC
- We will have parallel tallying center but no announcement
- We will have our agents in each polling station across the country.
- We have registered our concerns over IEBC preparedness
- The results announced at the Constituency will be final and the Supreme Court had ruled on the matter thus the appeal by IEBC is a waste of time.
- We won’t tolerate the use of police to intimidate voters.
- If the elections will be free, fair and credible then we’ll accept the results
5. General affairs
- We won’t reduce salaries for civil servants.
- We will improve the economy.
6. On corruption
- EACC is corrupt,we will overhaul it.
- We will vet officers in government offices.
- We will let institutions work.
7. In the first 90 days
- We will reduce the cost of food and essential commodities.
- Reduce rent
- Devolve more funds i.e. 45% to the counties.