FRESH GRADUATES WILL REMAIN JOBLESS IF THEY DON’T STUDY IN THIS UNIVERSITIES....

FRESH GRADUATES WILL REMAIN JOBLESS IF THEY DON’T STUDY IN THIS UNIVERSITIES. REPORT SHOWS

1207
2
SHARE

All graduate are not at the same level after recent research . The University which you studied could be key to getting job faster.  currently in Kenya Only about 25% of youth are absorbed, leaving 75% to bear the burden of unemployment. There is about 550,000 youth graduates produces in year and the government cannot just absorb all of them.

A recent report by the Corporate Staffing Services, a local human resources firm produced a list of universities which are rarely considered by employers.According to report, 70% of employers consider leadership and volunteering experience while looking to hire fresh graduates. Such graduates are found to be outspoken, team players, flexible and take initiative; while those who volunteer already understand basic employers expectations and office ettiquitte and behaviour. 53% consider educational attainment, 49.4% look at involvement of the fresh graduate in extracurricular activities, and only 6% consider employing a fresh graduate on the basis of foreign language knowledge or fluency. Apparently, the poll involved more than 200 major Kenyan employers and 15 percent of them claimed that they had no preference for particular universities when recruiting fresh graduates.

Reportedly, Maasai Mara University and Presbyterian University are the least preferred by employers looking for fresh graduates. 85 percent of employers claimed that they preferred graduates from the University of Nairobi when hiring from public universities.

“University of Nairobi is the most preferred university by the majority (84.2%), followed by Jomo Kenyatta University (63.9%), Kenyatta University (57%) and Moi University (45.6%) Egerton University (19.6%), Maseno University (6.3%) and Masinde Muliro University (3.8%)”

Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT), according to the poll, is second, followed by Kenyatta University and Moi University — though at distant percentages. Maasai Mara University was least at 0.6 percent while Multimedia University is just above it at 1.3 per cent.

Strathmore University boasts the highest preference under private Universities at 78 percent followed by Daystar and United States University International University (USIU).

“Strathmore University is the most preferred private university by 78% of the respondents. Daystar University (57%) and Catholic University follow at (49%). Others include USIU (45%), Kenya Methodist University (17%), Mount Kenya University (13%), University of Baraton (7%) and Africa Nazarene University (5%).”

 

HERE IS FULL REPORT .<<>>

OTHER ARTICLES OF INTEREST ARE:

LEAKED VIDEO OF MASENO UNIVERSITY FEMALE STUDENTS DOING TABIA MBAYA!!

UNIVERSITY STUDENT INFECTS 324 WITH HIV. TARGETS 2000 MORE!

SHOCKING!!WHY ROSE MUHANDO WAS BITTEN BY MYSTERIOUS SNAKE..EVIDENCE

PRESIDENT UHURU ‘SLAPS’ MIKE SONKO AT AIRPORT!! VIDEO

WIFE IN RONGAI SETS TO BLAZE HUSBAND TOYOTA CAR FOR CHEATING ON HER!!PHOTOS

 

Loading...

2 COMMENTS

  1. One other thing I would like to say is that in lieu of trying to accommodate all your online degree lessons on days that you end work (since most people are exhausted when they return), try to have most of your lessons on the week-ends and only one or two courses for weekdays, even if it means a little time off your end of the week. This pays off because on the weekends, you will be extra rested plus concentrated on school work. Thanks a bunch for the different ideas I have discovered from your blog.

Leave a Reply