This is a comprehensive list of Nollywood actors and actresses that have died. Some of them died many years ago while some died recently.
1. Sam Loco Efe ( December 25, 1945 – August 8, 2011)
He was born in Enugu, the son of Arase Efeimwonkiyeke, a warder. His father was of Benin ancestry who worked in Eastern Nigeria and his mother was a petty trader who sold bean cakes.He spent considerable part of his childhood in the town of Abakaliki in present-day Ebonyi State. He lost his father when he was in elementary school; Efe then spent more than the normal years to obtain an elementary education because he had to help his mother in her trade in order to earn income for the family
2. Justus Esiri (November 20, 1942 – February 19, 2013)
he died of diabetes
Justus Esiri (20 November 1942 – 19 February 2013) was a veteran award-winning Nigerian actor, generally considered to be one of the pillars of Nollywood with an acting career that goes way back to the 1960s. He came into prominence for his role in popular Nigerian Television Authority TV-series
3. Enebeli Elebuwa
He died aged 65 in a hospital in India on 4 December 2012 and was laid to rest at Victoria Court Cemetery, Ajah, Lagos.
ebuwa was born in the northern part of Delta State. He is an Ukwuani by origin from Isumpe quarters of Utagba-Uno in Ndokwa-West Local Government Area of Delta State
4. Geraldine Ekeocha (Died: September 4, 2011 )
5. Pete Eneh (Died: November 2012 )
He died after one of his legs was amputated at age 68.
6. Muna Obiekwe (Died: January 18, 2015)
7. Ashley Nwosu (Born: November 21, 1954 – April 21, 2011)
8. Clems Onyeka (Died: October 14, 2014)
9. Elder Maya Martins Njubuigbo
10. Bukky Ajayi
She died on July 6, 2016 after an unsuccessful battle with heart-related issues