Witchcraft in Kisii is not something to hide about .Kisiis are famous for many things. Their bananas, for instance, or their marvelous strength in bed! Then there is that not-so-small matter of their short temper.
You have probably heard that you’ll hardly get a Kisii who smokes and that the bride price of a Kisii girl will rise or fall depending on her level of education.
FACTS ABOUT WITCHCRAFT IN KISII
1. it is like SACCO and all witches regardless of location know each other. They have got officials like chairman, secretary , treasurer etc
2. The witches vote like in parliament and majority decision have their day.
3. Kisii witches hunt for dead meat in graves by calling the name of deceased while standing on grave. The practice of sorcerers exhuming corpses among the Abagusii has been the talk for centuries but nobody seems to understand the phenomenon
The corpse are allegedly devoured by the witches as the casket is used to ripen matoke
4. Witchcraft can be inherited along the family. Every witch before dying trains one of his children to take over.
5. They like having meeting at night and accomplishing their plans
6. Some witches have defiled the house of lord and pretend in churches and even take leadership positions
7. They do human sacrifices to increase their powers
8. Their witchcraft rarely affects people from other tribe but nowadays in is possible
9. They can use the power of darkness to influence alot of things such as student perfomance, animals , wealth and so much more
10. They use hyenas, cats ans dogs when moving at night. They can also manipulate snakes, rats and other animals to suit their ways
11. Above all they are not untouchables and their work can be destroyed by power of God. For no power of witchcraft shall prosper if you believe in name of God.