William Ruto who is commonly referred to as ‘hustler’ is the current Deputy president of the republic of Kenya. His is arguably Rift valley’s Kingpin after managing to marshal votes for both Raila Odinga in 2007 and Uhuru Kenyatta in 2013 and 2017 general elections.
Ruto began his political career by vying for various KANU (then Kenya’s ruling party) branch party positions in 1990’s.He rose to serve as MP for Eldoret North Constituency between December 1997 and January 2013 after rising against all odds to beat Moi’s preferred candidate Reuben Chesire.
Ruto is a man who has gone through thick and thin throughout his political career but in several Occasions emerged victorious.
DP Ruto is eyeing presidential seat in coming 2022 elections. In coming few months 2022 politics will begin to shape up as President Uhuru exit nears.
WHO IS WILLIAM RUTO FATHER ?
1. William Ruto father’s name is Daniel Cheruiyot
2. He lived a low profile life until his death in 2008.
3. William Ruto used to stay with his parents but moved out to Sugoi home after father’s death.
4. Mzee Cheruiyot was God fearing man and Made sure all his children attended church. William Ruto was choir member at African Inland church
5. Mzee Kibor, the man who knew DP Ruto father well says he was large scale farmer and supplied Maize to National Cereals and Produce Board.
6. On top of Maize, Mzee Cheruiyot reared cattle’s and supplied milk to top organizations like KICC.
7. William Ruto Mother in an interview to daily nation said Mzee Cheruiyot made sure the family conducted prayers every 4.00am especially during 2007 general elections that was marred with violence.
8. Photos of William Ruto father have not been released to public.