what is beetroot ? The beetroot is the taproot portion of a beet plant, usually known in North America as the beet, and also known as the table beet, garden beet, red beet, or golden beet. It is one of several cultivated varieties of Beta vulgaris grown for their edible taproots and leaves (called beet greens); they have been classified as B. vulgaris subsp. vulgaris ‘Conditiva’ Group
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEETROOTS
it is one of the most nutritious vegetables grown in the world. here are the health benefits
1. lowers blood pressure – As per experts, this is because of the presence of nitrates, which the body converts into nitric oxide. And in the process, the blood vessels expand
2. beetroot improves body performance, endurance and stamina – it improves running performance in adults by 16 % . Beet juice has shown to improve athletic performance in runners, swimmers, and cyclists
3. improves digestion and solves stomach upsets – it is a remedy for constipation and can be used to flush out toxic attacks in the body
4. May help you loose weight -beetroots are low in calories and high in water . Increasing your intake of low-calorie foods like fruits and vegetables has been associated with weight loss
5. Beetroots can be used to treat cancer
Research has shown that beetroot extract reduced multi-organ tumor formations in various animal models when administered in drinking water, for instance, while beetroot extract is also being studied for use in treating human pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancers
6. Rich in Valuable Nutrients and Fiber
Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
7. beetroots prevents anemia – it contains iron which can be used to regenerate red blood cells hence prevent anemia
8. beetroots boost efficient working of liver – beets helps in the detoxification process because it contains betaine, a substance that helps prevent or reduce fatty deposits in the liver
9. can be used to enhance and bedroom power
10. Reduces respiratory problems and diseases
11. helps to prevent cataracts which is old age related blindness
12 .beetroots help to strengthen bones Minerals such as boron, copper, and magnesium in beets help bones develop normally and boost bone metabolism. These root vegetables also contain potassium, which conserves calcium within the body and reduces the loss of calcium through the urine.
13. Helps to handle diabetes – This magical vegetable has a medium glycaemic index, which ensures a slow release of sugar in the bloodstream
14. Gives you glowing skin –If you’re healthy from within, it reflects on the outside. Beetroot juice acts a great blood purifier, which is key in keeping your skin glowing and healthy
What are the side effects of beetroot?
Beet is POSSIBLY SAFE for most people when taken by mouth in medicinal amounts. Beets sometimes make urine or stools pink or red. Also, beets might cause low calcium levels and kidney damage.
What is the difference between beet and beetroot?
The beetroot is the taproot portion of the beet plant
Is it safe to drink beetroot juice everyday?
yes it is safe you can drink as many cups as possible and enjoy its numerous health benefits
Can we eat raw beetroot?
Beets are best known for their bright red hue and bevy of nutrients. … Not only can you eat raw beet flesh or try it dried, pickled, roasted or juicebut beet leaves are also edible as a salad green.
Do beets give you gas?
Because low stomach acid can make it difficult to digest and absorb nutrients, your body may have trouble metabolizing the red pigment in beetroot.
can beetroots cause kidney problems ?