AAvocados are one of the most unique fruits to ever exist. While most of the fruits contain carbohydrates, avocados contain health fats which are beneficial to a human body. This fruit’s benefits range from health benefits to beauty benefits as discussed below.
Health benefits of Avocados
- They are great for your eyesight/vision – Avocados have lutein and zeaxanthin chemicals that are mostly found in the eye tissues. These chemicals produce antioxidants which minimize any eye-damage e.g. the ultraviolet light.
- Health babies – Adequate intake of the fruit reduces the risk of neural tube effects and miscarriages amongst women. This is because of folate found in this fruit.
- Reduces the risk of cancer – According to many studies conducted, adequate intake of folate can protect an individual against, pancreatic, cervical, stomach and colon cancers.
- Healthy for your heart – Avocados contain beta-sitosterol, a natural plant which is known to maintain healthy cholesterol levels in a human body. Therefore, adequate consumption of avocados can protect you from some pf the heart problems/diseases.
- Prevents Osteoporosis – Doctors recommend that every person should take about 25% of Vitamin K daily. Vitamin K is essential for bone health. In regards to this, half of the fruit can provide a person with 25% of vitamin K daily, therefore helping in bone building.
- It improves digestion – Foods with natural fiber can help prevent constipation as well as maintain a healthy digestive tract. Avocados have 6-7 grams of fiber per half fruit.
- Avocado lowers the risk of depression – Foods which contain folate help in lowering the risk of depression because folate helps to prevent the build-up of homocysteine. Homocysteine impairs the circulation of nutrients to the brain.
- Can be used to detoxify – The adequate fiber in avocados helps in regular bowel movement, which is very crucial for the daily excretion of toxins.
- Can prevent one from chronic diseases – Research and studies done indicate that adequate fiber intakes can reduce the risks of developing a stroke, hypertension, diabetes, obesity and coronary heart diseases.
- Osteoporosis treatment – Avocados have substances called saponins which are associated with relief of symptoms in knee osteoarthritis.
read also: HEALTH BENEFITS OF BEETROOTS
Avocado benefits for skin / beauty
Apart from the health benefits, the fruit can help when it comes to beauty too. Below is how you can use avocados for beauty.
- It smoothens out the wrinkles – Avocados have Collagen and elastin and they are responsible for maintaining the structure and elasticity of a human’s skin. Also, oleic acid in avocados can reach the second layer of the skin hence nourishing it.
- Moisturizes one’s skin – The healthy fats in avocado help in moisturizing the human skin.
- Treats acne – applying mashed up fruit can help prevent and even treat acne. Therefore, a regular massage of avocado on the face can treat acne.
- Heals wounds – Applying or consuming the awesome fruit can help a person’s wound heal faster. This is because avocado led to quicker growth of new skin cells.
- It removes san tan – It has an antioxidant component which helps lower the skin-darkening pigment through application or consumption.
- It protects your skin from the sun – ultra-violet rays can be very harmful to your skin. However, it contain polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols which reduce radiation and inflammation of the skin.
- Use it as for strong and health hair – Using avocado as your hair treatment can help your grow out to be strong and healthy.
Avocados for weight loss
Studies and research has shown that the fruit can help reduces weight. This is because when one wants too loose weight, he/she is required to eat fewer calories. Avocados contain 80 calories per 50g. Therefore, they can easily fit them into a calorie-reduced eating plan.
side Effects of avocado
- Avocado can cause inflammatory if consumed when one is taking certain drugs.
- People who are sensitive to latex should avoid using the fruit because it increases the levels of serum.
- Can cause mouth allergies. If these are consumed too much, then it can cause an itching sensation on the mouth and on tongue.
- Some types of fruit can cause liver damage. Some of the fruit contain consists of estragole and anethole which can cause carcinogenic reactions.
avocado: Commonly asked questions
What avocados do to your body?
As discussed above,the plant have many benefits to the body. From health benefits to beauty benefits, all these have an impact on the body. However, avocadoes should be consumed moderately. Excessive usage can also cause some side effects depending on the person consuming or using it.
How much avocado should you eat?
According to studies, it is recommended that people eat either half or a whole fruit per day.
Can I eat an avocado every day?
Sure, they contain fat, but it’s primarily the healthy type of monounsaturated fat known to lower cholesterol.
Can you lose weight eating avocado?
Yes. If you are on a diet the fruit are the right fruits to include in your plan.
How to eat avocado
There is no specific formula of eating this fruit. People can just eat it, add on bread, use on vegetables, make guacamole and many other ways.
Do avocados help your skin / avocado benefits for skin ?
Yes. These are good for your skin. It is rich in fatty acids and can moisturize and repair your skin.
Is Avocado good as a face mask?
Yes it is. Using the fruit and cucumber as your face mask will help in cleaning, nourishing, hydrating and reducing circles underneath the eyes.
Does avocado lighten skin?
Yes. it has a protein known as sterolins which help in decreasing the visibility of scars. Most lightening products also have fruit as an ingredient.
Will Avocados make me fat?
The fruit have fats but these fats are moisturized therefore good for your body. No, they will not make you fat as long as you eat with moderation
Can the fruit be used as treatment
Yes. Avo can be used as treatment for your hair. Also, they can be used to help a person heal his/her wounds faster
What is bad about eating avocado?
The plant also have some negative effects if consumed excessively. For example it can cause mouth allergies or liver damage. However, this depends on the person consuming them.