How can you apply for Kenyan passport ?? You can apply for, renew or replace your passport and pay for it online at www.ecitizen.go.ke. You’ll have to print out a form at the end. You must sign and date the form, add any documents or photographs that are needed, and return it for processing.
You’ll pay using mobile money, Credit, Debit Cards and online banking from local banks. It should take atleast 10 working days to get your first passport once your form has been physically submitted at the Immigration offices. For all other application types, it should take atleast 5 working days. It can take longer if more information is needed or your application hasn’t been filled out correctly. This can all be done at ecitizen portal
HOW TO APPLY TO KENYAN PASSPORT STEP BY STEP
Here is the procedure for Kenyan passport application
1. Register on www.ecitizen.go.ke . You will need your National ID number and a phone number to complete the registration.
2. You will then need to login to the ecitizen platform after successful registration
3. You will then need to choose a form because they are three: one for adults, one for children and one for a temporary permit
4. When you choose the form that applies to you, you will then be directed to a page that has the application guidelines + costs. At the bottom of it you will then need to click on apply now to get to the online application form
5. You will be directed to the payments page. The modes are: M-PESA (Paybill no 206206, Account Number FWJXRZL), Debit Card, Credit Card, Prepaid Debit Card, Airtel Money and eCitizen Agent. You should choose your preferred payment method and then pay. Below are the costs for the passports and temporary permit.
- 32 Pages – Kshs. 4,550
- 48 pages – Kshs. 6,050
- 64 Pages – Kshs. 7,550
- East African Passport – Kshs. 990
- Diplomatic passport (48 page) – Kshs 7,550
- Mutilated Passport – Kshs 10,050
- Lost Passport Ksh. 12,050
- Temporary permit – Ksh. 350
6. After you pay, you should then click on complete. If your payment has been received then you’ll be able to continue to the next page. The payment takes about 5 minutes to reflect.
7. Download and print the application form and three application receipts
8. Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices
DURING SUBMISSION TO OBTAIN KENYAN PASSPORT YOU NEED FOLLOWING
1. An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
2. Original birth certificate and photocopy.
3. Original National ID Card & copy.
4. Three Current passport size photos.
5. Recommender’s ID Card copy.
6. Consent letter for minors.
7. Old passport for replacement.
8. Parents National ID cards and copy.
ECITIZEN CONTACTS: KENYAN PASSPORT APPLICATION
- Nairobi Office: +254 772 246 669
- Mombasa Office: +254 708 206 206