It is no news that education has turned out to be and holds the way to life all over the world, we have seen how education brought about creativity and innovation, just a few to mention, and frequently we hear individuals say knowledge is power
Most times we see modern innovations been built by people in developed countries, but Who would have thought that the most educated President would be an African president?
President Mugabe is the world’s most educated President to ever live. He started out as a teacher, the President went on to have many qualifications in Law, Economics and Arts. Anybody who’s listened to President Mugabe speak can confirm his intelligence and what a great orator he is.
Whilst most Presidents’ degrees are honorary, Mugabe studied for most of his degrees, six of them he earned through distance learning and two of those six whilst in prison and even after becoming the President of Zimbabwe, he continued to study. total degrees are over 18
Zimbabwe has a high rate of literacy and this might have been influenced by its leader’s eagerness to learning and how education is perceived as the only way to a better life by Zimbabwean. Maybe education is Mugabe’s best kept secret to living a very successful life.
Some of degree earned are
(1) Bachelor of Arts (History and English) (BA) degree from the University of Fort Hare (1951)
(2) Bachelor of Administration (B.Admin) from University of South Africa (Unisa)
3) Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) from the University of South Africa (Unisa)
(4) Bachelor of Science (BSc.) in Economics from University of London
(5) Bachelor of Laws (LLB) from University of London
(6) Master of Laws (LL.M) from University of London
(7) Master of Science (MSc.) in Economics from University of London
There are other honoury degrees which total up 18.