How on earth did theses couples manage to finish all these hours hugging to break the World Guinness records book as the longest hug in history. What do we call such effort for sure ??
7 couples have endured the formidable effort to break the Longest hug in history to shocking 26hours 5seconds. It was previously held by Ron O’Niel and Theresa Kerr of canada who finished 24hours 33minutes.
12 couples started the journey to win $20,000 worthy diamond ring at 7.00am but others were forced to drop due to fatigue and illness. The favorites of the trophy were not spared as they were forced to drop down after illness at around 4pm.
There were strict rules such as no leaning to walls or even supporting yourself to anything and any couple that breached the rules were disqualified automatically . other 3 groups were victims and gave in early.
The couples kept complaining of constant muscle cramps, back aches among other problems and that did not stop them from achieving what nobody has never achieved .
At exactly 26hours 5 seconds the 7 remaining couples conspired to release their arms simultaneously and won the prestigious Guinness World of records as the longest hug in history.
Current holders are according to Guinness Book record are
“- Katherine dos Remedios (26, Australia) & Christopher Jackson (29, UK)
– Lisa-Jayne Clarke (24, South Africa) & Adam Tyndall (24, Australia)
– Leah Horn (24, New Zealand) & Jack Hyles (26, Australia)
– Jamie-Lee Boardley (22, Australia) & Jamie Steven (22, Australia)
– Krystle Lucas (30, Australia) & Halit Kara (31, Australia)
– Alex-Andrea MacDonald (32, Australia) & Hayden Bell (32, Australia)
– Morgan Poinelli (27, USA) & William Robinson (28, UK)”
By blogger Charles Oseko