Gladys Boss Shollei is a renowned lawyer and Kenyan politician who is currently a member of the Kenya National Assembly as woman representative for Uasin Gishu county. She was elected using Jubilee Party.
Oscar Sudi surrendered to to police yesterday and was accompanied by his lawyer Gladys Shollei, who is also the Uasin Gishu Woman Representative. The two are really close and great friends.
FACTS ABOUT GLADYS SHOLLEI
1. She was born on 30th January in Eldoret, Uasin Gishu county.
2. She worked as a lecturer at the University of Nairobi and as Kenya’s Deputy Chief Election Officer before becoming chief registrar of the judiciary of Kenya
3. Gladys Shollei was controversially pushed out of the powerful Judicial Service Commission on allegations of corruption.
4. She was elected to the National Assembly as woman representative for Uasin Gishu in the 2017 general election, representing the Jubilee Party. She is chairperson of the Committee on Delegated Legislation.
5. Shollei has three children with estranged ex husband.
6. Gladys and her ex-husband Sam were married for 25 years before their union came to a surprise end in the beginning of January 2020.
7. She has got two masters degrees one from University of Cape Town and another from JKUAT
8. She is a lawyer by profession with over 20 years of experience.
9. In 2018, She tabled a bill before the house aimed at replacing county woman representative positions with new constituencies.This according to her increase the number of women parliament. However, the bill failed to go through.
10.She is a high profile lawyer representing the likes of MP Oscar Sudi.