Subukia Valley is a valley within the great wonder that is the Great Rift Valley. It is quite fascinating. The steep curves and meanders of the valley are magic to the eyes and the hilly landscape abundant with a cocktail of indigenous trees and vegetation reminds you of Mother Nature.
The sky above is a dome of azure. Birds spiral high up in the sky oblivious of the abundant beauty below. Located 210 kilometers West of Nairobi, Subukia is geographically at the centre of the country. The Equator also runs through Subukia, a meeting point of the northern and southern hemispheres. Places on the equator experience the quickest sunrises and sunsets.
1.It is a centre of Kenya and also a meeting point of two hemispheres the equator runs through it.
2.The shrine is under the care of conventional Fransiscan Frias.it is a place of players ,pilgrimage, peace, reconciliation and rest.
3 The shrine is only a few kilometres from Nyahururu town
4. The first sign that welcomes you to the shrine is a white cross which rises upwards out of the woods
5. There is astatue of holy Mary holding baby jesus on top of the hill.the chapel is where the faithful hold the mass after concluding the way of the cross.
6. on the mountain there is a special water that never dries.the water have healing powers
7. The journey that begins with the sign of the cross comprises of reflections, prayers and recitations of the holy rosary, confessions and meditations.
8. At the top there is an old chapel with wooden benches where a clear warning reads that this is not a picnic site.
9. Buses are packed at the entrance of the shrine and hundreds of people walk around the 200-acre piece of land
10. Water does not travel uphill yet this can be found at the top of the hill