Douglas Otiso is arguably one of the most popular and loved Gospel artists in Kisii region. Known for his energetic dance moves and fast paced music, Kisii-based gospel artiste and evangelist Douglas Otiso is a household name in the region.
FACTS ABOUT DOUGLAS OTISO
1. He is one of top selling artist in Kisii region
2. Before turning back to do God’s work, Douglas Otiso confesses he was once and armed Robber where he took part in high profile robberies at that time. After an incident where his colleagues were killed and he survived, he reformed and became a gospel artist.
3. He was orphaned at tender age of 24 years
4. He is a school drop out but managed to rise above all odds
5. After being displaced from his Chepilat town home following the 2008 post-election violence, Otiso relocated to Gucha in Kisii County and soon afterwards released his first album
6. Otiso cut his musical teeth singing at the East Africa Pentecostal Church (EAPC) in Chepilat.
7. Apart from Singing, he is also a preacher.
8. he enrolled for English language classes to enable him communicate to a wider audience.
9. Mr. Otiso says he draws inspiration from gospel artistes Rose Muhando and the late Angela Chibalonza whose passion and energy is manifest in their music.
10. He owns a music studio for recording Music